Amino Acid Therapy

As we’ve discussed on this site, depression-like RND symptoms appear to be due to improper neurotransmitter function. We have found that supplying the body the nutrients it needs to restore proper neurotransmitter function leads to the elimination of depression-like RND symptoms in 93% of people, with the remaining 7% requiring a dual drug-amino acid approach to eliminate symptoms.

Amino acid therapy addresses the underlying cause to provide a lasting solution. In addition, amino acid therapy can be used with all known anti-depressant medications with no negative interaction. In fact, amino acid therapy will help most antidepressant medications, including selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), work better. These medications work by shuffling around neurotransmitters; amino acid therapy helps the body make more neurotransmitters for these drugs to shuffle around, improving their efficacy. For many, this allows for a gradual taper off the medications without any withdrawal symptoms or rebound depression.

Professional guidance and supervision is necessary to insure the proper use of amino acid therapy, as taking improperly balanced amino acids can lead to further symptoms. However, with close to a 100% success rate over time when properly administered, amino acid therapy has a proven track record in clinics across the country. Contact us to get started!